Wednesday, June 24, 2015

DIY- Wedding wands, custom teapots, and banner

Hello Everyone,

I have been busy working on a lot of DIY projects for the wedding and I am excited to share what I have done so far. For a wedding that is vintage/rustic inspired, I want the centerpiece to be flower teapot that sits on top of a book. Since my wedding colors are peach, gold, and cream, I want a teapot that is gold. I looked everywhere for gold teapots and I cannot find one that match what I have in mind. The next best thing is to make my own.

I was able to find a website that sells teapots for a decent price ($7.50). I used the color brilliant gold spray paint from Design Master. You can also buy this spray paint from Micheals craft store. Make sure to spray 3-4 coats because they do peel off easily.




These wedding wands were inspired by one of my friend who also made her own wedding wands. Wedding wands are used during the ceremony when the Bride and Groom walks down the aisle.

What you would need: little silver bells, small metal rings, screw eyes (can purchase this from Target in the picture frame section), wooden sticks, and of course, ribbons.

Use a small drill to make a hole at the top of the stick and use your fingers to screw the hook on top.




For the wedding gift box, we found an old suitcase and sprayed paint the inside gold. Now, we can decorate it with a banner for the guests to put their cards in.

What you will need: old suitcase, burlap banner, white paint, sponge, and letter stencils.




The next thing I am going to show is not a DIY from me, but just something you can order from Etsy to personalized your wedding.

I can't wait to hang my dresses on these adorable hangers.

Until next time,
Stay beautiful, healthy, and inspired.

<3 <3 <3


1 comment:

  1. I am truly inspired with your DIY ideas and must say that you are really talented. I am working in an event planning firm and need help with ideas in decorating venues in Los Angeles for couple of weddings which our company has to do.

    ReplyDelete